Create a Compelling Digital Presence
“Going digital” doesn’t mean an agency needs to give up its local, independent, personalized, face-to-face approach–it means promoting those same qualities that have served the independent agent so well using the power of digital tools.
Every agency needs a “compelling digital presence” in which all the pieces work together and drive traffic between them. The agency website must be more than a static, institutional brochure (our favorite line is that “it’s not to be read but to be used”‘), social media activity must be targeted, consistent and conversational and a mobile app must bear the agency brand and contain those features clients most want. And most important, every tool must project the same “true differentiators” –those characteristics that separate the agency from all others. Agencies that lack this digital presence drive away business in two ways — 1) they lose current clients to more digitally-savvy competitors who make it easier to get answers and stay in touch 24/7 and 2) they lose the opportunity to even pitch prospects because they project an image of a “digital dinosaur.” The road to a compelling digital presence need not cost an arm and a leg but does require the right vision and the right tools. Find out how we can help your agency as we have helped many others.
2019 is the Year of Business Messaging and Messaging Bots!
Tom Wetzel & Associates, a partner with Max Services, brings you the best in a Totally Secure Data and Business Messaging Platform. Let us show you how this platform will increase your return on investment in your web presence with a 20x increase in web closures, increase in visitors/customers to your site, and a 3x improvement in customer satisfaction with the added benefit of knowing that all collected data is YOURS and won’t be sold!
Pick a time of your convenience to set up a 15-minute Introduction to Business Messaging, Here’s my calendar link
Most agencies don’t use an 800 number but suffer from the same phone headaches as those who do. The majority of people choose texting over calling in their personal lives – which presents a tremendous opportunity for both insurers and agents. With our Business Messaging Platform, agents and insurers can:
- Virtually eliminate phone tag and email fatigue
- Let consumers get basic questions answered more quickly
- Triple the conversions on their websites
- Operate in a lock-down secure, archived system that can be integrated into most CRMs.
- Keep their data to themselves (some systems sell access to defray costs.)
Messaging is easy to deploy with a zero-learning curve interface and highly affordable. Contact us for a consultation and to arrange a demo that can deliver astounding results.
The Wetzel Digital Roadmap©
Our first product, developed, expanded and refined over the years, delivers a one-of-a-kind tool – a powerful one-time, affordable, and customized digital strategy and action plan that any agency, regardless of size, can implement on its own from day one. The Roadmap was developed to solve a major problem for agencies – building and maintaining the digital skill to drive new business and retain more clients. As a consequence, many agencies struggle with implementation, hesitant to invest enough effort in it, and unsure where to start and how to measure their progress.
The Roadmap delivers:
- A detailed analysis of the agency’s digital toolbox as compared with competitors, including websites, social media activity and connectivity tools such as messaging and mobile apps.
- Identifies the agency’s true differentiators and how they compare with competitors –the themes, messages and tools that make it stand out from the rest and create the optimum customer experience.
- A full year of social media content tailored to the agency, broken down by month –not cookie-cutter content but created to reflect the agency, community and markets.
- Guides producers on how to use social media more effectively to build books of business.
- Identifies the social media sites the agency should use and why.
- Recommendations on coordinating the website and social media to drive traffic between them and project the same messages
- How to use messaging and mobile apps to attract and retain business.
Social Media Accelerator© (Through One Big Broadcast)
The Accelerator gives the digitally advanced agency a tool to supercharge its social media marketing reach and outflank the competition using a cloud-based high performance content creation & marketing platform. Social SEO (search engine optimization) increases traffic back to your website, but can be time-consuming with a cumbersome content management platform. The Accelerator operates from a single dashboard and enables automated integration of an agency’s blogs (realtime or scheduled) to multiple social networks to give an agency’s content a broad reach. Can be bolted onto most websites.
Website Design & Maintenance
Like the Social Media Content Roadmap©, our website development protocol represents a departure from common practice. We do not use “cookie-cutter” templates — every website is an original design that reflects the agency’s personality, communities and markets. We also create the content first — to put into words the agency’s true differentiators (those unique characteristics that separate it from competitors) before building the design around them.
Key elements include:
- A personalized, easy-to-navigate structure for all users — agency staff, clients and visitors.
- Strong, original visual appeal and clear, direct messaging.
- Multiple calls-to-action.
- Emphasis on agency characteristics that set it apart it from competitors.
- Compliant, intuitive, SEO-optimized content that informs and motivates.
- A structure that enables agency staff to change content and photos easily to maintain freshness, spontaneity and SEO-optimization.
- Accessibility and readability on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones, regardless of brand.
- Expanded connectivity tools, including multiple drop-downs, live chat and web messaging, a mobile app (we endorse https://insuranceagentapp.com), use of video and direct, individual connections to staff, including phone, email and text.
All content is original, from social media posts to blogs. Social media posting is done on a month-to-month basis unless the agency requests a longer-term contract, usually six months. We contact the agency each week with new content with visuals (2-3 posts minimum) which the agency can post on its own or by us. The service includes regular contact each month to take advantage of developments in the office. Cost is $225 per month or $195 per month with a commitment of six months or more. Boosting charges are extra.
Blogs come in two forms. A standard blog (400-500 words) is suitable for a website and repurposed on social media for maximum reach. The creation process begins with a consultation with the client, discussing a range of topics, then briefly interviewing an agency staff member about the approach to the topic (usually but not always about insurance) and then creating it, including visuals, and finally submitting for approval. Cost is $200 per blog or $500 for a package of three. Microblogs are typically 125-150 words, communicate a simple idea, fact or testimonial and sent out to multiple social media platforms using the Social Media Accelerator© described above. Because of their shorter length, microblogs can be produced in greater number and sent out more frequently to target groups. Agencies may create their microblogs with a Social Media Accelerator contract or we can create them at a per-blog cost of $45.
Phone Messaging (Through On-Hold Systems)
No prospect and client wants to be put on hold, however even the most efficient agency can’t guarantee that it will never happen. When the inevitable does happen, agencies must avoid bland elevator music and generic, condescending “your call is very important to us” messaging. Short, well-crafted and agency-specific messages can promote charity activities, timely tips, social media posts, workshops and product details with a frequency as often as one month. The process to get started is simple. We will collect contact information, discuss options, develop script and schedule production. Pricing ranges from $40 to $120 per month. For most agencies, the best value is $59 monthly service and features one location, unlimited updates, one voice, music, and up to a three-minute message.
We offer presentations for large and small in-person meetings and webinars, including:
- THE DEMISE OF THE WEBSITE – ARE YOU READY?: The structure of websites and their function will be unrecognizable in three years or less. Websites will transform from largely static, text-heavy sites to far leaner, conversational search engines. Agents and insurers need to take steps now to keep more of their current customers and compete effectively for new business in the digital marketplace. The course will track the evolution of the website, explain the reasons for the rapid change and outline best practices. CE APPLICATION PENDING
- BUSINESS MESSAGING – THE NEW BEST PRACTICE: Messaging is becoming the dominant communications tool, stemming from technology advances, overwhelming millennial preference for texting (and growing reliance on it in other age groups) and frustration over cyber security, phone tag, spam and the unreported sharing of data. Course will define messaging, the weakness of chat, good bots vs. bad bots, and how the industry needs to rethink interactions between buyers, insurers and agents for optimum productivity and customer satisfaction. CE APPLICATION PENDING
- IT’S NOT ENOUGH TO JUST CHECK THE DIGITAL BOX – Details the current, effective governing principles for managing an agency’s digital efforts, breaks down agencies’ most common digital weaknesses, how they lose business as a result, and what tactics and strategies produce the best results. CE APPROVED
- EFFECTIVE BLOGS – It’s What’s In Your Head and Heart That Generates Leads
- HOW TO BUILD A BOOK OF BUSINESS WITH LINKEDIN